Introduction

I'm in a state of wondering what I'm doing in my life that's good. My church family is awesome! There's a lot of things that we do as a church family to help those in need. We have what's called the Hands and Feet ministry. Meaning, we are to be the hands and feet of Christ in serving others in our community and around the world. There are several missionaries under our care and in our prayers. And I love that about my church home and church family! But I'm having some trouble in how I'm to do good in my own life. I'm not claiming to be a perfect Christian. I'm a sinner like everyone else. I'm just looking for something to do with the best of intentions. I want to do something to serve others while praising God and giving His Son the glory in what I do and having the best attitude. I've asked myself a laundry list of questions about doing things for the good of others. It's not that I don't do good things for other people. But how often? Daily? Finding something to do everyday to help serve others for the sake of good can be easy if you're looking.

However, are you doing it to serve Christ and to praise God? This entire time I could've been doing more for God and I know it's never too late. I'm just looking to fulfill my life in a way that gives glory to God and serves Him the way He's taught us to in the Bible. There will be verses about service and living life in general. Christ is the Center of my life right now, especially since I'm single. If I make you question where you are in your life and/or your faith, I'm only doing so in the best way possible. I've got a lot to work on myself and I'm praying and hoping that this will be a growing experience for everyone involved. There will be questions that I've thought of already and more than likely, questions will come along later also. I suggest that you read every verse carefully and read it multiple times. I've done the same. I interpret verses differently than you do and sometimes, I interpret verses differently each time I read them. I pray you find the answers you're looking for in the Bible more than in the chapters that follow. The greatest advice I can give you is to be happy in Christ as a single person before starting any type of relationship or friendship. If you aren't happy with Christ as a single person, the relationship or friendship won't be Christ-centered and it's already doomed for failure!

Comments